You know, it's Friday and all, so I'll just go ahead and have a little fun. For those of you not in the know, Friday Five is one of those cute little blog "memes" that everybody used to chime in and do. Everybody answers these silly little questions with silly little answers. It's geared towards the oh-my-gosh-ROTFLMBO-emoticon-using crowd, but I gave it my best for the sake of fitting in (plus it was an easy way to have something to post about on Friday). I always felt a little silly doing it, so I quit after about 5 stabs at it. Then they quit doing them. Darn. But have no fear, somebody else picked up the torch and kept it going in all its glory. I know, I know. This is so 2003. But like I said it's Friday so what the hey.
1. How often do you get sick? Whenever the weather changes. Whenever there's a bug going around. Whenever I train for a marathon. It always seems like I manage to get a cold in the summertime. So I guess a lot.
2. Do you take a lot of over the counter medicine? I love the new Dayquil/Nyquil combo packs. And Claritin. That's about it I guess.
3. Have you ever been in the hospital for an extended period of time? I was in and out of the hospital a good deal between October and December 1987 when I broke my leg. That's it though.
4. Are there any diseases that run in your family? Oh, yeah. You name it, we've had it.
5. What is the best remedy for the common cold? Orange juice, vitamin C drops and Sprite seem to help when you feel it coming on. My wife swears by that Airborne stuff, but I'm not a big fan.
See, that wasn't so bad. I guess I'm just being a Debbie Downer. Weh-weh. Thanks Sarah for reminding me of this, along with my aversion to tomatoes.