After using it for a couple of months, I can now say that the Pandora radio app is one of the most used items on my iPhone. Pandora, along with Shazam, has really helped me get my iPhone groove on. It's a great way to listen to exactly what you're in the mood for, and also to discover some new artists.
Here are a couple of favorite stations I've come across:
- Corey Smith - something about Corey puts him in the perfect place with Pandora. You get Corey, John Mayer, Train, Live, and even some country stuff like Lady Antebellum.
- Travis - this seems to be the Britpop sweet spot. Coldplay, U2, Keane, The Verve, plus some great non-British music like Neil Finn and Paloalto.
- Justin Townes Earle - This is the gateway to singer-songwriter heaven. And what was cool about this one is that I didn't even know most of the artists on there.
- Becoming the Archetype - I'm still working on finding the perfect Christian metal on Pandora. BTA is pretty close. Let me know if you have any other ideas.
- Michael Hedges - I don't listen to Michael Hedges usually. But on Pandora he seems to be the way to find great instrumental guitar that's not too flashy or too jazzy.
It's not always perfect, and that's part of the fun:
- HIM - every now and again I'm wanting something heavy and moody. Evanescence is cool as are Flyleaf. I thought HIM might be a good Pandora station. What I wound up with was a strange mix of techno and old school dub music. Wha?
- Wes King - maybe they don't have much Wes in their database, but this station seemed to play everything BUT Wes King...
Here's what I want to find: Christian metal (current, not old), and acoustic mellow Christian music ala Wes King. Ideas?
What about you? What's your favorite Pandora station?